At Hart Preschool...
Our mission is to provide high-quality early education, and promote natural development in a fun, nurturing, natural environment.
We follow a play-based, developmentally-appropriate approach. Children learn through play, and we spend our days making that play as enriching as possible. We do not encourage activities that are not developmentally appropriate, such as reading instruction (sight words). We do encourage a love of reading and recognition of letters and letter sounds through play and song. We strongly believe in low tech play, language-rich play, and promoting motor, social, and interpersonal skills. We also believe in being good stewards of our environment - we’ll have daily closely-supervised interaction with the chickens, with plenty of dirt and water play, weather permitting.
We follow the basic principles of the RIE (Resources for Infant Educarers) philosophy:
* trust in each child to be a unique individual who will initiate and explore their environment when they feel comfortable and secure
* setting up each classroom environment to be safe, cognitively challenging, and emotionally nurturing
* time allowed for uninterrupted play and freedom to explore and interact
* involvement of children in all care activities
* consistency and clearly defined expectations to develop discipline
We do not require children to be potty-trained prior to enrollment, and will assist with potty training when each child is ready.
We are open Monday - Friday, 8:00 - 5:30. Our 2022 - 2023 school year runs from August - July. Our curriculum is designed for ages 1.5-5 years old. Our student:teacher ratio is 6:1.